Why the masses are not flocking to Postflaviana?

Jerry Russell

Administrator
Staff member
Claude Badley asked:

And you too cannot yet say that the masses are flocking to Postflaviana or to Joe's podcasts to solve the grave problems mankind face - which of course they ought to be. But why not?
Which seems like a very good question to me. And, important enough to put in its own thread.

Why aren't we attracting more traffic? What could we do to become more influential?

It seems to me that there are several obvious things we could do to improve the website.

More content?

We have a Wordpress landing page that hardly ever changes. We post new research articles once in a blue moon. If we were able to maintain some sort of regular publication schedule, perhaps our readers would be motivated to stop by regularly and see what's new. We do manage to post to the discussion forum almost on a daily basis. But many of our posts are brief comments that wouldn't be out of place on Twitter or Facebook. Or, extensive cut-and-paste from other websites.

I think our website would deserve more attention, if we were able to post more original content. But, Richard and I both have personal limitations that severely impact our ability to create a lot of text and research.

Audio & Video?

Another obvious step would be to create more audio & video: podcasts, documentary productions & such. But again, Richard and I are up against personal limits: anybody who has listened to our old podcast series with Joe Atwill, will understand that I have some speech challenges in terms of cluttering & uptalk.

Reach out to other websites?

Even with our limitations, there is a lot of information on this site, with a unique viewpoint that you won't find anywhere else. Or at least, I like to think so.

Maybe we could reach out and ask other websites to post our material, or link to it, or discuss it in their own content. We could create a blogroll of recommended sites, and then ask ever other site on that blogroll to reciprocate.

Buy advertising?

I could afford to do some of this. Should I??

Concentrate on our strengths?

In my view, what we really have to offer on this site, is our analysis that Christianity, Judaism and Islam should be seen as inventions of wartime political propaganda. And, the extent that their malign influence on politics is continuing into modern times. Specifically, we say that ancient prophecies are being re-enacted by our modern elites, who seem hell-bent on bringing about an Apocalypse.

Neither Richard nor I have any education or professional experience that would qualify us to speak to these issues. Our only excuse is that we believe that the academic departments devoted to these particular topics, have been completely co-opted, bought and paid for by organized religion. To the point where they can hardly begin to recognize the obvious.

But... in addition to our material about our focus topic, we have a hodge-podge of other stuff. Global warming, special & general relativity, cosmology, nuclear fusion, literary analysis, space travel, 5G cell phone radiation, Fukushima, AI, ancient aliens, Atlantis: you name it, we've got something to say about it.

And more often than not, Richard and I can't even agree about what's going on.

Change our view?

If only we would admit that Einstein was wrong, or that nukes don't exist, or that MMGW isn't happening, or that the earth is flat, then suddenly the masses would show up here in droves after all?

Do Richard and I each need our own website?

I ask you, how irritating is it to watch Rick & me argue endlessly and repetitively about some topic? One might hope for progressive enlightenment. But more often than not, we just stay in the same opposing trenches. In some cases we've been having the same arguments for almost two decades now.

Joe Atwill and I agree about a lot of things, but I think we're both happier now that we've gone our separate ways.

Is it time for Jerry Russell to get his own website? I'm thinking of nabbing "AgainstApocalypse.org", which is still available after all the years I've been thinking about it.

Other ideas?

Now that we have a small cadre of regulars, I'd really like to ask.

What can we do here at PF, to serve you and the planet better?

Richard Stanley

Administrator
I recently saw a YouTube video title recommended that proposed to explain why 'smart people have no friends'. I presume that this means smart people who try to employ their brains to explain what they see around them, because the common explanations provided usually don't make any sense, or worse. And if that person tries to spread his garnered wisdom, he will frequently be rejected, even by other smart people, not just the average person.

This is because learning about reality implies that one must likely make some big changes, some which are uncomfortable. The Truth is usually an assault upen Culture, and Dogod and the FSM know that most humans DO NOT like this.

Therefore, one must be clever in their presentations, and I was lucky to pass through high school English, not to mention other poor personal skills. Instead, of a gradual buildup, as the general educational process functions, the new reader here is assaulted with all manner of perceived heresy. The way is narrow and thus few enter for long.

In my view, what we really have to offer on this site, is our analysis that Christianity, Judaism and Islam should be seen as inventions of wartime political propaganda. And, the extent that their malign influence on politics is continuing into modern times. Specifically, we say that ancient prophecies are being re-enacted by our modern elites, who seem hell-bent on bringing about an Apocalypse.
But in addition, it is becoming apparent to me that these and other religions are all solar, and the respective apocalyptic influences are 'ultimately' remembrances, at least, of real solar/cosmic events come down to Earth.

Last edited:

Seeker

Why aren't we attracting more traffic? What could we do to become more influential?
It's Football Season now and The Holidays are coming up, "Bread and Circus" time, that's the easy answer to your first question. Second question answer, you could take a lesson from history and reverse the outcome, exactly a century ago (1919) the Thule Society created a Workers Party and a charismatic speaker took over that and eventually, "something happened...". Seriously, these are all good suggestions that are listed, did you not have a website years ago and how did that turn out?

Last edited:

Seeker

And if that person tries to spread his garnered wisdom, he will frequently be rejected, even by other smart people, not just the averag person.
Just like the Bible tells us about "Jesus", and yet he reigned triumphantly at the "end". Yes, the way is straight and narrow and most people go down the broad road, many are called and few are chosen, "Jesus" certainly had a way with words! Seriously, I think that you and Jerry are either too modest or too dismissive of your own abilities. As for "real solar/cosmic events come down to Earth", using your own Apocalyptic timetable makes you absolutely right, as Halley's Comet appeared in both 66 AD (commencement of Jewish War) and 1066 AD (commencement of Norman Invasion).

Seeker

What can we do here at PF, to serve you and the planet better?
OK, on your Home Page perhaps you could have a sort of "manifesto" stating what the purpose of this site is, with biographies of you and Richard, so that newcomers can get a handle on what is going on here. Perhaps there should be a "curriculum" listing of what to read first before posting so that someone doesn't have to hunt all over for articles to read piecemeal in order to be an informed member. Sometimes it is discouraging when one reads something from a certain category of postings and then realizes that the latest postings are about something that the reader knows nothing about, because he has no elementary knowledge of it yet. It is like a hit and miss operation for newcomers, especially when unfamiliar acronyms are used (perhaps in the future a glossary could be added). As they say to new teachers about instructing their students, assume that they know nothing. I know that this requires a lot of work and perhaps is not very practical, but on more technical threads, besides the title, one could have a preamble stating where to obtain more knowledge of the subject in order to contribute to the thread, there are so many special subjects that not everyone is familiar with. I have only been here a couple of months myself, and know that I do not have the many years of experience that the authors have on some of these subjects, but would like to learn and be more well informed, as I truly believe that Postflaviana has a lot to offer, and enjoy this site very much. It makes "common sense" out of what could be conceived of as "conspiracy theory", and the give and take between administrators enhances it, not detracts from it, in my opinion, as it shows more than one side of a situation that viewers can relate to. Just some thoughts, hoping it can be taken as constructive criticism, and realizing that some of these things may be being done already, but I am not looking in the right places yet, because you have such a wealth of knowledge here, which certainly is a credit to your intelligence and hard work, and which I appreciate.

Richard Stanley

Administrator
All great ideas, some of which we've talked about, or in the case of the "manifesto" we sort of do have one, however even this has some contentious aspects (between us), as I have severe doubts about the real development of humanity in pre-history. This is reflected in our current problem over MMGW and what I consider to be the problem of academic Science and its similar elite corruption of "government by the people, for the people, and of the people". The manifesto is also buried and doesn't seem to be a manifesto much or concise or complete. We also have an 'adjunct' manifesto about the Flavian Vanity (from Atwill's notions), which I disagree with, as I consider the Flavians to only be a (an important) marker or waypoint in a larger and contiguous historical construct (hence one of the reasons for the name Postflaviana), not icons for Christianity growing from the spontaneous vanity of a particular (Sabine) clan.

Jerry and I met online in the aftermath of 9/11 and by then I had casually been doing historical research for some time, on the usual things like the Templars and whatnot. And except for our collaboration on www.911-strike.com, our pre-Postflaviana research was mainly focused on our self-edification, but it was collecting a ton of factoids and starting to allow for connecting dots, leading to suspicions, which frequently led to further finds, which Caesar's Messiah fit well into our notions.

Given the contentious nature of myself and some of our 'combatants', we have considered shutting down the forum, or limiting its scope, so that we can concentrate on getting back to writing long form, or even short form blog posts. Unfortunately, my faculties and stamina are seriously suffering from a now 10 year illness, which the 'scientific' doctors of medical profits are ever so slow to take interest in, and which is now too late thanks to permanent damage. This means that I can no longer sustain the efforts to attempt coherency and accuracy beyond a page or so at a time, and this is getting ever more problematic.

Most all the prolific book writers on topics like this have a research staff and we've talked about doing this and getting some part time help organize the web site, technically and/or with content. But, as Jerry said, we both have our distractions and frustrations. I should have taken an interest in this stuff when I was young, but it was only through my technical writing duties that I could ever have thought to start anything like this. My high school teachers would have heart attacks or strokes if they knew I had written this much on any topic.

Long story short, it looks rather ad hoc, because everything about it started that way. Would that it could be like the Khan Academy is for math.

Seeker

in the case of the "manifesto" we sort of do have one, however even this has some contentious aspects (between us), as I have severe doubts about the real development of humanity in pre-history.
First of all, I Thank You for your extreme candor, especially about yourself, in the above post. Would you have a link or a statement to make, concerning your ideas about the "real development of humanity in pre-history"?

Richard Stanley

Administrator
I am a strong believer in Diffusionism and Catastrophism, as the wider evidence shows, contrary to the highly blinkered views of academia. One only has to look at the problem that the scholar Cyrus H. Gordon got into when it became apparent that he supported Diffusionism. Unfortunately, some Xian fundamentalists have been co-opting the field in their attempts combat Evolution, and distance themselves from the notion that the world is only 6,000 years old.

Seeker

I am a strong believer in Diffusionism and Catastrophism,
I am probably vastly oversimplifying this and need a lot more studying to do here for my part, but was there a "diffusion" of "Semites" from Egypt proper after the "catastrophe" of the climactic Bronze Age Trojan War era? By the way, Happy Anniversary of the Battle of Hastings, Oct. 14, 1066!

Jerry Russell

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously, I think that you and Jerry are either too modest or too dismissive of your own abilities.
Thanks Seeker! At least in my case, this syndrome leads to the website often taking a back seat to other activities in my life.

All great ideas, some of which we've talked about, or in the case of the "manifesto" we sort of do have one, however even this has some contentious aspects (between us), as I have severe doubts about the real development of humanity in pre-history.
I was intending to have two pages of manifestos on the site. These are the 2nd and 3rd posts linked from the front page, right below the "Aten Bomb" post.

Peoples of the Flavian Book -- by Richard Stanley

Meta-Historical Manifesto -- by Jerry Russell

Mine is even called a "Manifesto".

The article about "Flavian Vanity" has been the website's most popular article for some time, and I think of it as a highlight, but you'd never know it from the current landing page. The "Genetics of the Oligarchs" page, I thought of more as a debating paper or white paper on our position vis-a-vis the "Jewish Conspiracy" and "Jesuit Conspiracy" models. I didn't ever think of either article as a starting point or intro to the website.

The lack of an "about" page is a glaring & semi-intentional omission.

Seeker

this syndrome leads to the website often taking a back seat to other activities in my life.
Seriously, I am not trying to be "nice", but I listened to you in your 2015 podcast with Joe Atwill about Catcher in the Rye and the Freemasons, and had no trouble understanding you or finding your enunciation distracting, but I know how we can be our own harshest critics and respect your self-analysis, with no intent to pry.

Jerry Russell

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously, I am not trying to be "nice", but ...
Thanks for listening, Seeker. From what I've seen and heard on YouTube, many content providers live up to a very high quality standard. While I appreciate your being "nice" and saying that you didn't find my issues distracting, I'm sure you heard what I'm talking about. I think I can do better in the future.

Richard posted a link to a history video by "TimeGhost" today. Reviewing their YouTube channel, I learned that they've been having problems with de-monetization of their videos. And in a comment, Spartacus Olsson said:

[link to video -- see comments]

By lowering the level of recommendation of demonetized videos they strangle the ability of that content to reach an audience, which long term means the content becomes unviable and disappears. Again; if they were just any other company that would be OK, but they have a global monopoly (except in China). We simply have no choice but to use their platform if we want to reach anyone.
Of course there's a lot of truth in what Spartacus is saying here. If we want to reach an audience, we really need to be using YouTube (and Facebook and Twitter.) There's no substitute.

Richard Stanley

Administrator
The day after I posted all those nice snaps of the First Lady, swampy royalty, and such, we had a record high in reader traffic, up to 68 readers at one time. At least that was the number that I saw, so maybe it was MUCH higher while I was asleep?

First off, let me say that Postflaviana is already a great site. We have two great moderators who keep things moving with frequent posts and maintain a very civil tone with contributors. When I first arrived, I felt welcomed and was delighted to find thoughtful replies to my comments. The subject matter turned out to be far ranging and I've been drawn to explore most every thread. And though there are lots of topics, the posts are consistently good. There are only a few active threads at once, so it is possible to stay up to date.

So what might be improved? I found the site through a search engine, twice in fact since I just saw that I had an old link saved. Maybe you could get more hits doing some search engine optimization. Or start some 'feeders' like posting on Quora. Since thread titles get more hits, break up longer threads like this vast, wandering 'Cleo to Christ' monster.

A more radical idea would be to work up a 'Conspiracy Theory' and promote that to fringe sites like Daily Grail. See if you can get the fundies riled up. See if someone wants to debate.

Or maybe sell t-shirts.