Why Beirut Go Boom

Richard Stanley

Kim Iverson presents her theory on the motivation for the Beirut explosion -- to further sabotage the Chinese Silk Road initiative. The employment of Chinese fireworks as an intermediate source of ignition is typical of this kind of Mad Magazine - Spy vs. Spy chicanery. The timing of this and the timing of the explosions in Iran vis-a-vis their respective Silk Road agreements are also suspicious.

All of this happening under the nose of 'non-interventionist' Donald Trump, if needed he can conveniently claim (for the consumption of his base) that his covert intelligence agencies are rogue from his perspective.

Jerry Russell

Administrator
Staff member
On the other hand, Elijah Magnier concluded that the Beirut explosion was accidental, albeit an accident waiting to happen. Magnier would not be shy to accuse Israel or the US of having caused the explosion, if there were any evidence to that effect.

https://ejmagnier.com/2020/08/07/the-beirut-explosion-who-is-responsible/

The many “conspiracy theories” fail to line up with the facts of this accident. Ignorance, incompetence, favouritism and bureaucracy are the reasons for the loss of so many lives and the destruction of Beirut, a capital where people have not learned to stand together. This is a huge national tragedy. The Lebanese hold property in many foreign countries, west and east. This expresses the lack of a sense of belonging- because this is a country where elected politicians have amassed and stolen all the country’s wealth, where they hoard power, and where they pass it on to their sons.
The Belt and Road is not just a transportation corridor, but also a massive economic development initiative for the region. And I agree that with this initiative, China is making a classic cold war type move from the Soviet playbook, to expand its influence through economic colonialism. It's not surprising if the US and Israel attempt to undermine the Belt and Road by military adventurism. So I would support Iverson's basic thesis, even if I'm not convinced that Israeli agents set off the port explosion.

It's interesting as Iverson says, that China has been attempting to extend the Belt and Road through Lebanon. But Lebanon is not on the map on the video, which shows the road going through Iran and Turkey.

Richard Stanley

I think she discussed the reason that the Chinese were interested in the port facilities, and that this was a relatively late development. Also, at the end she discussed the situation with the Uigurs and that China is not having the same problem in other provinces with those Muslims.

The Uigar situation is different because it is being connected to a separatist movement, ala the earlier Taliban in Afghanistan, etc.., where the 'East Turkistan' government-in-exile is situated in Washington D.C.. As Iverson explains, this East Turkistan project is perfect for disrupting the overland portion of the Silk Road.