- AUTHOR: SHARON WEINBERGER.SHARON WEINBERGER SECURITY
- DATE OF PUBLICATION: 05.09.08.05.09.08
- TIME OF PUBLICATION: 8:26 AM.8:26 AM
ARMY YANKS ‘VOICE-TO-SKULL DEVICES’ SITE
The Army’s very strange webpage on "Voicle-to-Skull" weapons has been removed. It was strange it was there, and it’s even stranger it’s gone. If you Google it, you’ll see the entry for "Voice-to-Skull device," but, if you click on the website, the link is dead.
The entry, still available on the Federation of American Scientists‘ website reads:
Nonlethal weapon which includes (1) a neuro-electromagnetic device which uses microwave transmission of sound into the skull of persons or animals by way of pulse-modulated microwave radiation; and (2) a silent sound device which can transmit sound into the skull of person or animals. NOTE: The sound modulation may be voice or audio subliminal messages. One application of V2K is use as an electronic scarecrow to frighten birds in the vicinity of airports.
The U.K.-based group Christians Against Mental Slavery first noted the change (they also have a permanent screenshot of the page). A representative of the group tells me they contacted the Webmaster, who would only tell them the entry was "permanently removed."
The image above is one person’s self-styled depiction of how a "voice-to-skull" weapon might work.
- Where’s My Acoustic Bazooka?
- The Voice of God Weapon Returns
- Sonic Blaster + Laser = New Weapon
- ‘Telepathic Ray Guns’ and Vaporized Shoes: The Truth is Weirder …
- Report: Nonlethal Weapons Could Target Brain, Mimic Schizophrenia
- A Voice Only You Can Hear: DARPA’s Sonic Projector
- The Other MEDUSA: A Microwave Sound Weapon