The secret goldfish

Jerry Russell

Administrator
Staff member
Joe has got a lot of this book decoded, but when I read it, I had the sense that it was dense with as yet unsolved mysteries. Does everything fit cleanly into the framework Joe provided?

Starting from the beginning, Holden Caulfield is talking about his brother DB who has gone to Hollywood. He mentions a book called "the secret goldfish".

I'll just tell you about this madman stuff that happened to me around last Christmas just before I got pretty run-down and had to come out here and take it easy. I mean that's all I told D.B. about, and he's my brother and all. He's in Hollywood. That isn't too far from this crumby place, and he comes over and visits me practically every week end. He's going to drive me home when I go home next month maybe. He just got a Jaguar. One of those little English jobs that can do around two hundred miles an hour. It cost him damn near four thousand bucks. He's got a lot of dough, now. He didn't use to. He used to be just a regular writer, when he was home. He wrote this terrific book of short stories, The Secret Goldfish, in case you never heard of him. The best one in it was "The Secret Goldfish." It was about this little kid that wouldn't let anybody look at his goldfish because he'd bought it with his own money. It killed me. Now he's out in Hollywood, D.B., being a prostitute. If there's one thing I hate, it's the movies. Don't even mention them to me.​

I did a Google search, and voila! Samuel Goldwyn of the famous studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer was born as Samuel Goldfish, before he changed his name. So, Samuel Goldwyn was "The Secret Goldfish".

https://books.google.com/books?id=Ru2LAgAAQBAJ&pg=PA254&lpg=PA254&dq=goldfish+freemason&source=bl&ots=MfzO4hub59&sig=vvkKcdilaiMkF5zycihyvFGUrO0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=a7j4VIemBsTmoATQjYGYCg&ved=0CEkQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=goldfish freemason&f=false

Last edited:

lorenhough

"[QUOTE="Jerry

he's my brother and all. He's in Hollywood. He just got a "Jaguar." One of those little English jobs that can do around two hundred miles an hour. It cost him damn near four thousand bucks. He's got a lot of dough, now. He didn't use to. He used to be just a regular writer, when he was home. He wrote this terrific book of short stories, The Secret Goldfish, in case you never heard of him. The best one in it was "The Secret Goldfish."​

I did a Google search, and voila! Samuel Goldwyn of the famous studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer was born as Samuel Goldfish, before he changed his name. So, Samuel Goldwyn was "The Secret Goldfish".

IN the movie 'Dreams' this 'song' WTTM is played as japan burns and is destroyed by; "fuck u" shima! see more on this form: Mount Fuji in Red, Kurosawa dreams

Dreams ( Yume?, aka Akira Kurosawa's Dreams) is a 1990 magical realism film based on actual dreams the film's director, Akira Kurosawa, claimed to have had repeatedly. It was the first film where he was the sole author of the script. It was made five years after Ran, with assistance from George Lucas, Francis Ford Coppola, and Steven Spielberg, and funded by 'Warner 'Brothers.'

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
What did you dream? It's alright we told you what to dream.
You dreamed of a big star, he played a mean guitar,
He always ate in the Steak Bar. He loved to drive in his "Jaguar."
So welcome to the machine.

Could this be?

Samuel Goldwyn of the famous studio Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer was born as Samuel Goldfish, before he changed his name. So, Samuel Goldwyn was "The Secret Goldfish".

Master Mason’ is permitted to enter the ‘Holy of Holies’ to learn the ultimate secret of the Freemasons – which, apparently, is that the “Sons of Light” as Robert Burns describes Freemasonry, has sworn to implement an ‘Apocalyspe’ on all non-Masons and to kill everyone who exposes the organization’s plans.

<"
"

Last edited by a moderator:
Goldfish dreams signal prosperity, at least while the fish is alive- The allegedly illiterate Sam Goldwyn aka: Szmuel Gelbfisz, was certainly prosperous, having made a fortune in glove manufacturing before he hit the Hollywood scene in his mid 30's- His behavior was similar to the boy in The Secret Goldfish in that Sam didn't play well with others, having been booted out of his namesake company in the twenties and never produced a thing for MGM- He finally turned belly up at age 94-

A new day

Thanks for the research, Jerry. I've gotta ask, is "The Secret Goldfish" a red herring or a revelation? Connecting D.B. "gone to Hollywood" to Samuel Goldwyn, I got thinking who or what Holden and Phoebe might represent. Hollywood is well known for its production line propaganda, especially during WWII. What could be similar? How about the music industry? At the time of CITR publication it was radio and records, crooners and bobby soxers. Holden=crooner & Phoebe=bobbysoxers. The idol and the swooning screaming young and very young women. Rockers and fan clubs, rock stars and groupies. Justin Bieber and the Biebliers. The book is loaded with high weirdness I like that you are bringing it light.

Jerry Russell

Administrator
Staff member
In the original version of this thread, I had claimed that Goldwyn was not only a Jew who changed his name, but also a Freemason. That seems to be incorrect: the reference that I quoted was saying that Cecil B. DeMille was the Freemason, not Goldwyn.

I wonder if Goldfish/Goldwyn's apparent illiteracy made him ineligible for membership- Makes me also wonder if he was just a front for others- These days I would not be surprised-

lorenhough

I wonder if Goldfish/Goldwyn's apparent illiteracy made him ineligible for membership- Makes me also wonder if he was just a front for others- These days I would not be surprised-
Hi Tyrone
What have you been studying lately, new stuff, really love your work on JFK etc.
and or understanding of just how unknown the people who run the show are..
Any more In sites on who They might be..?? Thanks.

Hi Loren- Sorry for the delay- I'm researching and writing a book on the creation of the Adolph Hitler character- It spans an entire century plus, from 1840 to 1950- My thesis isn't new: That the Anglo-American alliance was behind the creation of the Third Reich and the Soviet Union- What I want to show is how the popular culture was tweaked to align people's acceptance of both world wars as unavoidable, how the Hitler character was created to resonate with a certain set of subconscious cues, and to parallel this process with what we are going through today, re: media manipulation and completely false "history"- Tall order to be sure but it allows me to build my day around a passionate project, and who doesn't like having something like that to get the day going?

Dear Jerry at al.,

There is also more to the name Holden Caulfield. That 'caul' means membrane, as in a piece of amniotic membrane lying upon a newborn's head as the reason for the name Caulfield, belies the very name Caulfield, where instead the ending '-field' implies a place rather than an accident of birth.

We studied this wretched debased novel at school in Australia - but our insights were a little different.

In the USA, the car made by General Motors that you call a 'Chevrolet' is in Australia called a 'Holden', paraded in Australia as a new car at the end of WW2, where it was manufactured both in Adelaide and especially Melbourne. Thus the association of the name Holden and adolescent escapism was obvious to us.

Melbourne is also the bastion of the Australian Jewish community and thus of Zionist activity. While Melbourne is almost as large in population as Sydney (4.9m against 5.2m), it has twice the number of Jews. Indeed Melbourne was the first city ever to provide a donation for Zionist colonies in Israel - in 1861, as revealed in Moses Hess' Rome and Jerusalem note X. See...

https://archive.org/details/romeandjerusale02waxmgoog/page/n264

Whether Salinger knew that I do not know but I do know - given the emphasis on the merry go round horses in the text as well as the cover of the original text - that Melbourne is also famous for its horse racing, notably the Melbourne Cup. It is not the only horse race in Melbourne: there is also the Caulfield Cup hosted on the racecourse in the suburb of the same name.

Now for the clincher: the suburb with the highest percentage of Jews in Melbourne is: Caulfield!

A coincidence?

Yours faithfully
Claude

Last edited:

Richard Stanley

Administrator
The 'secret fish' also evokes for me, Ovid's Satire #6, about Domitian's Big Fish.

A huge fish is caught, so big that it is brought, live, (from the Mediterranean) to Domitian's villa (today the papal summer retreat in the highlands). A meeting is held of important Roman poobahs, and they discuss what to do with the big fish. Should we carve it up and eat it? No, we should have a bigger bowl made for the fish. Of course, in this case, it is not one individual that knows the secret, but the attending Roman poobahs of the Flavian day.

This fits well with Flavio Barbiero's thesis that the Christianity (or Bartram's Chrestianity) of the day was necessarily a sub rosa enterprise, and that it was covertly managed by such as the 'elders' from the parallel (elite) cult of Mithra, the freemasons of the day, till Constantine flipped the switch so to speak. as Barbiero explains, just as 'Roman' Mithraism was an admixture of prior paganism, Freemasonry is the same, Jewish symbology with pagan. The respective 'adherents' couldn't give a damn about such 'purity' as their interest is not one versus the other, but about advancing the common subtext, globalism. This is the reason why Josephus and his Hasmoneans collaborates with the Flavians and the Herodians; and the common hangup on the 'Jews' becomes a trip through the briar patch, a shibboleth. A sacrificial shibboleth which the Church has ever demanded never be terminated.