"Our Revolution Los Angeles" Berners declare DemExit, joining Peoples' Party

Jerry Russell

Administrator
Staff member
By a vote of 72%, Bernie Sanders campaign organizers in Los Angeles have decided to bolt the Democratic Party and join the Movement for a Peoples' Party.

Press release:

Los Angeles, CA -- Our Revolution Los Angeles announced today that an overwhelming majority of its members have voted to form a major new party and it is joining the Movement for a People’s Party. The chapter represents more than 10,000 people in Los Angeles. They are asking other Our Revolution chapters and progressive groups to join MPP and the fight for a people’s party alongside them.
Former Bernie 2020 Co-Chair and Our Revolution President Sen. Nina Turner also showed her support for the Movement for a People’s Party in a series of tweets last week, including retweeting, “Our future is in a #PeoplesParty” and MPP’s website. Turner is joining MPP on an upcoming national call. Prominent Sanders surrogates RoseAnn DeMoro and John Cusack shared their support for a new party as well.
Jerry Perez from the group appeared on Jimmy Dore today, saying that he believes the grassroots organizers have finally had enough with DNC betrayals.

Last edited:

Richard Stanley

Administrator
Demexit at last!!!

Did I hear him say he thinks Bernie would come along? I don't think I could trust him after what he did.

I wonder how much they can suck out of Trump's vote, but can they get a candidate in the general election in any case?

Jerry Russell

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder how much they can suck out of Trump's vote, but can they get a candidate in the general election in any case?
Perhaps high-level talks are going on behind the scenes to negotiate a merger with the Green Party. The MPP group needs to have some idea how they are going to do better than the Greens have in the past, and they also need to justify why they don't just subordinate themselves to the exisisting Green organization. The Greens are likely to qualify to appear on the ballot in most states.

The biggest group of voters is "Did Not Vote". As shown in the map below, in 2016 "Did Not Vote" would have won 471 votes out of 538 at the Electoral College, an overwhelming landslide victory. People's Party needs to appeal to non-voters and independents first of all: give them a reason to vote. Next, they need to appeal to Trump's disenfranchised populist base, but without making any overtures to white nationalism or Christian fundamentalism. The "Blue No Matter Who" voters will come around if they see that the MPP is bringing home the non-voters and the reasonable Republicans left behind by Trump.

The Movement for People's Party also needs to avoid the appearance of spoiling the election and handing it to Trump. If polls show they've got no chance to win, they need to throw their support to Biden. But they should wait until the last possible moment, and ask for concessions from the Democrats without conceding any long-term goals or aspirations.

https://brilliantmaps.com/did-not-vote/

Noting the massive DNV majority above...
Demexit at last!!!

Did I hear him say he thinks Bernie would come along? I don't think I could trust him after what he did.

...and that Jerry Perez and others, apparently of his ethnic background, are leaving the Democrits to start their own party, are you actually telling me Richard, that by "DeMex-it" - 'it' meaning the Democrats - you actually mean to say that Latinos are leaving the Democrats to start their own party?

Or do you just mean Dem-exit? Given the wonderful video you've just posted for us on vaccines causing autism, a breakup of the USA on ethnic lines seems to be growing - though very likely I'm mistaken as I'm just a hick-Aussie :confused: taken in by superficial appearances in the USA.

Yours faithfully
Claude

Richard Stanley

Administrator
I have long been part of the DNV, seeing a non-vote as a more effective vote than a vote. In any case, Demexit is supposed to be a general exit from the corrupt Dem party. Separatist Mexicans have long had an alternative for their Mexexit, the Reconquista.

Richard Stanley

Administrator
The following is an excellent discussion of what happened with Bernie ... and the importance of understanding "who the enemy is". This is important for a new breakaway left party to understand fully, and thus that there can be no accommodation with either the corporate left or right, unless the new kids on the block are getting the best part of a deal.

The New Deal came about because FDR's political hand was forced, not because he wanted to go there. Instead such as he are lionized, and now we have ended up with Let Them Eat Cake Pelosi and Schumer playing Who Wants to be a Trillionaire with Trump.