Nuclear blasts, preserved on film + eyewitnesses

Jerry Russell

Administrator
Staff member
Miles Mathis has been saying that nuclear weapons are fake, based on his analysis of some old film clips and photographs from the 1940's and '50's. The arguments are based on lighting oddities, strange cloud movements, and general incredulity. I don't find any of Mathis's arguments fully convincing. It's possible that the footage might be fake as Mathis claims. Then again it might just be touched-up using old-fashioned darkroom technology. I'm not so sure that any of us really know what such footage ought to look like, anyhow. And furthermore, even if some of the old footage was made in a studio, it might only mean that actual footage wasn't available or couldn't be released for some reason.

With so much "fake news" coming from mainstream media, I understand the need to "question everything". And it would be great news indeed, if nuclear weapons don't actually exist. But I ran across these two videos which seem pretty conclusive to me, indicating that they are for real.

From CBS Sunday Morning, 3/3/2019:

From The Atlantic, 5/27/2019:

https://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/590299/atomic-soldiers/

I suppose that reasonable people might claim that the above are simply evidence that the MSM has gotten better at making CGI footage than they were in the 1950's, and also that they hire better actors. Such deep skepticism is difficult to overcome (and not totally unjustified).

But before giving up, I'd also like to offer this page from a humble alt-media 911 truth blogger, who has posted some text from his uncle's postwar journal. I found this linked from a Let's Roll Forum thread in which someone was trying to use this as evidence that the weapons were faked. Say what?? This seems like genuine, sincere eyewitness testimony to me.

https://911crashtest.org/?p=5550

Being There – A slice of history from Hydrogen Bomb Testing in 1958
The countdown went to zero, and immediately we were in the midst of a blistering hot and bright event that, in my case, was made even more forceful by the fact that while my butt was duly facing the blast, my other end was facing a galvanized metal building which reflected back the heat and the luminance, so I was getting toasted on both ends. To make matters worse, in the first two or three seconds the island started bouncing around as if was suffering a major earthquake. It was utterly unnerving and I began to suspect that there might have been some sort of mistake! However, within 10 to 15 seconds, the heat subsided and the shaking quit, we received the all-clear signal, and then stood up to take a look at “Oak” doing its thing.
My first impression was that it was way too big; it was not just an event, it was everything—a monster red-orange kaleidoscope. From 21.4 miles it appeared to fill the whole horizon, and it was expanding and rising with incomprehensible energy. It was a stupendous roiling tumult, appalling and magnificently threatening, even from that distance. Like an apocalypse let loose, I wondered how the hell we could ever be angry or frightened enough to use something as enormously terrible, a force of anti-nature beyond our control.* It grew, rising higher into the atmosphere: by comparison, the earlier tests’ clouds were mere toys. At 8.9 Megatons, “Oak” was 445 times as forceful as “Little Boy.” We stood gaping, as the mushroom rose and spread until it was stupendous and eventually, at an extremely high altitude, the edge of the mushroom cap reached over the island and we could look directly up at it. For those of us who said “ahem,” the word came that there was no cause for alarm as the cloud and all its particulates were being shoved downrange by a brisk high altitude wind and air mass, and that no fallout from that thing would be landing on us. It would be okay then to change back into our scantys, and have a nice day.

Last edited:

Richard Stanley

Administrator
I worked on a project back in the 80's for a company whose owner was once an Army eyewitness to one of those tests. He supposedly died of cancer from this experience.

In the 70's, I used to ride in a boat once a week past the sunken German cruiser Prince Eugen. It had supposedly been at the Bikini Atoll test, and only sank afterwards while being towed back to where I was working.