Lincoln Assassination

lorenhough

Hello Frank,

While we are certainly in agreement that WHO, HOW and WHY are important questions. But, nobody is agreeing with you that the process starts at any particular point. Loren mentioned Shay's Rebellion of 1786. Rick Stanley mentioned the Flavian Caesars and their attack on Judaea, accompanied by the invention of Christianity. When it comes to assassinations, how could we forget Abraham Lincoln? I've agreed that the JFK assassination was a milestone, but only one among many.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Surratt
Service Confederate Secret Service
Rank courier, spy
Operation(s) co-conspirator in plan to kidnap U.S. President Abraham Lincoln
Other work Friend of John Wilkes Booth, the assassin of President Abraham Lincoln

John Harrison Surratt, Jr. in Papal Zouave uniform, c. 1867.

example of un-i-forms [Douwe and Matthijs Walta from Workum, two Dutch Zouaves serving under pope Pius IX in 1870.The Papal Zouaves (Italian: Zuavi Pontifici) were an infantry force formed in defence of the Papal States.]

When he learned of the assassination, Surratt fled to Canada. He reached Montreal on April 17, 1865. He then went to St. Liboire, where a Catholic priest, Father Charles Boucher, gave him sanctuary. Surratt remained there while his mother was arrested, tried and hanged for conspiracy in the United States.

Aided by ex-Confederate agents Beverly Tucker and Edwin Lee, Surratt booked passage under an alias and disguise and landed at Liverpool in September, where he lodged in the oratory at the Church of the Holy Cross.

Surrat would later serve for a time in the Ninth Company of the Pontifical Zouave in the Papal States, using the name John Watson;

John Harrison Surratt, Jr. (April 13, 1844 – April 21, 1916) was accused of plotting with John Wilkes Booth to kidnap U.S. president Abraham Lincoln and suspected of involvement in the Abraham Lincoln assassination. His mother Mary Surratt was convicted of conspiracy and hanged by the United States Federal Government. She owned the boarding house where Booth and fellow conspirators planned the scheme.

John Harrison Surratt, Jr. avoided arrest immediately after the assassination by fleeing the country, as the other conspirators were executed by hanging. He served briefly as a Papal Zouave before his later arrest and extradition from Egypt. By the time he returned to the United States the statute of limitations had expired on most of the potential charges and he was not convicted.

Marcus Junius Brutus - Simple English Wikipedia, the free ...

Marcus Junius Brutus (early June 85 BC – late October 42 BC), usually referred to as Brutus, was a politician of the late Roman Republic. He is best …

Booth's parents, the noted British Shakespearean actor Junius Brutus Booth and his mistress Mary Ann Holmes, came to the United States from England in June 1821
John Wilkes Booth
1850s and 1860s stage career
Assassination of Abraham Lincoln
Religion Episcopalianism, possibly later "Catholicism"

Parent(s) 'Junius' "Brutus" Booth
(1 May 1796 – 30 November 1852) was an English stage actor. He was the father of John Wilkes Booth, Edwin Booth, the foremost tragedian of the mid-to-late 19th century, and Junius Brutus

Junius Brutus Booth
In 1835, Booth wrote a letter to President Andrew Jackson, demanding he pardon two pirates. In the letter, he threatened to kill the President. Though there would also be an actual attempt of assassination on the President early that year, the letter was believed to be a hoax, until a handwriting analysis of a letter written some days after the threat concluded that the letter was, in fact, written by Booth. Booth apologized to Jackson, though it is likely that since he and Jackson were friends, the "threat" was Booth's clumsy attempt at a joke.[7] Decades later, Booth’s son, John Wilkes, assassinated president Abraham Lincoln.
L-to-r: Booth's sons, John, Edwin and Junius, Jr. in Julius Caesar

Last edited:

lorenhough

Booth was named after Marcus Junius Brutus, one of the lead assassins in William Shakespeare's tragedy Julius Caesar.
Mary Ann Holmes
Relatives Edwin Booth (brother) Edwin Thomas Booth (November 13, 1833 – June 7, 1893) was a famous 19th-century Americanactor who toured throughout America and the major capitals of Europe, performing Shakespearean plays. In 1869 he founded Booth's Theatre in New York, a spectacular theatre that was quite modern for its time.[2] Some theatrical historians consider him the greatest American actor, and the greatest Hamlet, of the 19th century.[3] However, his achievements are often overshadowed by his relationship with his brother, John Wilkes Booth, the man who assassinated President Abraham Lincoln. Booth, Jr., an actor and theatre manager

When family friend John T. Ford opened 1,500-seat Ford's Theatre on November 9 in Washington, D.C., Booth was one of the first leading men to appear there, playing in Charles Selby's The Marble Heart.[56][57] In this play, Booth portrayed a Greek sculptor in costume, making marble statues come to life.

Lincoln watched the play from his box. At one point during the performance, Booth was said to have shaken his finger in Lincoln's direction as he delivered a line of dialogue.
Lincoln's sister-in-law, sitting with him in the same presidential box where he would later be slain, turned to him and said,
"Mr. Lincoln, he looks as if he meant that for you." The President replied, "He does look pretty sharp at me, doesn't he?"On another occasion when Lincoln's son Tad saw Booth perform, he said the actor thrilled him, prompting Booth to give the President's youngest son a rose.Booth ignored an invitation to visit Lincoln between acts, however.
On April 12, 1865, after hearing the news that Robert E. Lee had surrendered at Appomattox Court House, Booth told Louis J. Weichmann, a friend of John Surratt, and a boarder at Mary Surratt's house, that he was done with the stage and that the only play he wanted to present henceforth was Venice Preserv'd. Weichmann did not understand the reference: Venice Preserv'd is about an assassination plot. With the Union Army's capture of Richmond and Lee's surrender, Booth's scheme to kidnap Lincoln was no longer feasible, and he changed his goal to assassination.[95]
'Junius' "Brutus" Booth, Jr. (brother)

***Samuel albert booth 1884 Wilber franklin booth 1884 twins in skll and bones the only booths to do so.
Booth Family gravesite, Green Mount Cemetery, where Booth is buried in an unmarked

The view from the south gate of Gramercy Park, looking north from Gramercy Park South (East 20th Street), with the statue of Edwin Booth in the center. The Gramercy Park Hotel is visible in the left background. (May 2007)

Last edited:

Tyrone McCloskey

Lincoln Assassination...well, it took place in a theater- The villain was an actor who supposedly read out a line on stage- Like JFK there is inexplicably no security to speak of- Troops then surround the building immediately after the fact to completely control the scene and keep onlookers away- Like LBJ, Andrew Johnson is unelectable but the party needed to keep control after peace broke out and if you look at Abe's photo portraits at the end of his reign, he doesn't look all that well- A staged event could keep from calling for a new election- Only a couple of fishy pictures of Lincoln's corpse exist- Starting to sound too familiar-

Tyrone McCloskey

As for security, its well known Lincoln had to sneak into Washington in 1861 in disguise- Military troops gave him heavy protection- Where were they five years later?
Hollywood recreations[edit]
In 1951, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer released a fictional re-creation of the alleged plot against Lincoln, The Tall Target. Its story generally follows what is known about the Baltimore Plot, with some differences. It is a New York Police Department detective named John Kennedy, played by Dick Powell, who contacts the administration about the conspiracy, and who boards the train hoping to discover whether any of the plotters are on board before they reach Baltimore. Kennedy discovers a plot that involves a riot to distract police protection away from Lincoln and a sharpshooter armed with a rifle with a telescopic sight to shoot the President-elect. Through Kennedy's efforts, the attempt is aborted and key members of the conspiracy are identified. There actually was an NYPD officer, John Alexander Kennedy, who claimed to have been the one who uncovered the Baltimore Plot; but, unlike Powell's movie character, he was not actually on scene. Moreover, in real life, Kennedy was the Superintendent of the entire force. In the film, he is depicted as a mere detective sergeant.[citation needed]

Tyrone McCloskey

You'll like this, Tyrone.

http://mileswmathis.com/lincoln.pdf

Miles W. Mathis argues that the oligarchs needed Lincoln to run for re-election, but he couldn't let him govern. So, they all agreed to fake his death.
Thanks, Jerry- Yes, I know the work of M. Mathis very well- For better or worse he’s one of the most entertaining researchers out there- Dave McGowan has also been putting together a Lincoln expose over many starts and stops- I think Mathis may have scooped him on this one- Regardless of the motive, the official story suited for public consumption makes no sense whatsoever- And probably by design (have the dissenters argue over forensics anomalies and potential plotters [ie, Jesuits, etc.] not whether the murder actually took place), though the Lincoln event planners probably could not have conceived of an internet-fed critical mass outing such a blatant hoax which now, because of its faulty design, only helps out the modern day falsehoods through pattern recognition- It makes me wonder if the ancient world actually indulged in anything like literal academic history given the elites were also the literates, knowing full well how easy it was to fake an oral/written tradition- With a certain literal history taught in the state controlled schools today, we may never know what actually happened in the past- Trope alert: History is written by the victors-

Jerry Russell

Administrator
Staff member
New member Duane Hennon posted a link to Mathis yesterday -- I'd never seen any of his stuff before that. I've also been reading his essay claiming that the JFK assassination was faked, as you were saying here earlier. http://mileswmathis.com/barindex2.pdf

Rick Stanley has been saying the same thing for a long time: that JFK, Lincoln and Julius Caesar were all sent to the "hidden resort" after their alleged assassinations.

Tyrone McCloskey

I don’t know about Caesar given that tyrannicide was apparently within the legal framework of Senate protocols; a much more direct variation on the passage in the Declaration of Independence that encourages the overthrow of the government if deemed necessary- Of course the only people with that kind of clout seem to have overthrown our government, but to increase their wealth, not our freedoms-

As for the resort concept, I can only say with some enthusiasm, if not proof, that if JFK was complicit in staging his death, Skorpios, Onassis private island, was the obvious choice for Kennedy to hide- That would make the sham marriage make sense as no one would question what Jackie and the kids were doing hanging out with the world’s richest creep- And no one could penetrate the security forces of such a real life Bond villain- As for Lincoln, he does not look well in those late stage photos- The deception would seem to be a move against the British crown if indeed the South was Britain’s choice- In that sense it was shrewd move-

Here’s a short clip of Jackie and Ari from a trip in October of 1963- Onassis every inch the mafia don-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF8IpLaAj84

lorenhough

I don’t know about Caesar given that tyrannicide was apparently within the legal framework of Senate protocols; a much more direct variation on the passage in the Declaration of Independence that encourages the overthrow of the government if deemed necessary- Of course the only people with that kind of clout seem to have overthrown our government, but to increase their wealth, not our freedoms-

As for the resort concept, I can only say with some enthusiasm, if not proof, that if JFK was complicit in staging his death, Skorpios, Onassis private island, was the obvious choice for Kennedy to hide- That would make the sham marriage make sense as no one would question what Jackie and the kids were doing hanging out with the world’s richest creep- And no one could penetrate the security forces of such a real life Bond villain- As for Lincoln, he does not look well in those late stage photos- The deception would seem to be a move against the British crown if indeed the South was Britain’s choice- In that sense it was shrewd move-

Here’s a short clip of Jackie and Ari from a trip in October of 1963- Onassis every inch the mafia don-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF8IpLaAj84
. Greetings Tyrone
You r teaching me thx

What about there son in the airplane ? Fake 2?

Loren

Tyrone McCloskey

. Greetings Tyrone
You r teaching me thx

What about there son in the airplane ? Fake 2?

Loren
I don't mean to use the forum to hawk my wares, but hopefully within a few weeks I'll have a short book out that runs through the whole Dead Kennedys saga, extending from Junior I in 1944 all the way to Junior II in 1999- I completed it before Mathis posted his essay, though in an update he then claims he originally posted his years ago (I'm not too terribly paranoid about that, certain as I am he's not NSA and certain he's not reading my emails... ahem...) Regardless, IMO my take is better, more plausible (granted, plausibility is a very relative term with this subject) Anyway, I think Junior went down in the third plane crash (Kathleen and Joe Jr. also went down in flames) because the Kennedy charade was brought to a close, especially because it was known Jackie was sick and her grief at losing her son would erect another emotional firewall to keep critical minds at bay- Junior probably would have not been able to avoid a career in government and then the JFK thing would have to be done all over again and the public would shrug and say what did he expect and the shock of the original assassination would be replaced by laughter as the whole thing would now seem farcical and what use they still have with Dealey Plaza would be rendered practically useless-