Did Howard Carter steal from The Tomb?

Jerry Russell

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure that Emmet Sweeney mentioned that the Egyptians had iron tools made from meteorite. Silly me, I thought everybody knew. This video (by Dahboo77) mentions that some archaeologists claim that the metal was used only for ceremonial purposes. I don't know what archaeologists might have said that -- but the idea that they would make a beautiful knife like this without realizing how effective it was at cutting, seems pretty absurd to me.

The ancients did revere and even worship large meteorites, such as the Kaaba stone. Apparently there's some controversy over whether it's really a meteorite, but it certainly looks like one.

Richard Stanley

" One thing that this little episode does tell us is that the "real story of the Exodus" occurred around the Amarna age."
Hi Duane,

The Exodus stemming from Amarna is exactly what I am talking about now, regarding the Sabbah brothers' great, but little noticed, book Secrets of the Exodus.

This book is definitive in my mind, and should be creating geopolitical earthquakes. The brothers, rabbis themselves, offer a detailed literary comparison of the Genesis and Exodus accounts with the massive Egyptian evidence available, as well as other sources that provide solid support to this being the correct interpretation. This lends credence to the claims that there were such documents that have been hidden away, but in my opinion there is no need (other than intellectual fulfillment) for those documents to 'appear'.

Your link discusses the same cast of real characters as the Sabbahs do, and in my last post on the thread I mention Ralph Ellis's great notion that the Bible story (purposely) conflates two exodus episodes (separated by hundreds of years) into one, thus allowing for tribute to the Hyksos.

Just found the following recent review of the 2002 edition, which for some reason is much cheaper than the 2004 edition. The reviewer mentions translation problems from the original French text of the book to English. I had wondered about this being a problem as to the intent of the 'actor' Ay, and the Sabbah brothers answered this in a later section by stating that it was clear that Ay (or Aye) was playing both sides of the political and religious fence, as were Ramses I (Moses) and Horemheb (Aaron), and Sety I (Joshua).

Translating from French into English is daunting enough but having to also deal with Egyptian and Greek languages is a sure nightmare. Two French writers wrote an amazing book about the Exodus from Egypt by a group of Jewish persons lead by Moses. But the information about the exodus is from the hieroglyphics from the ancient Egyptian inscriptions on statues and grave sites. The two Americans who translated the original into English are friends of mine and explained to me the translation problems which ensued.

The timing of the exodus according to the Egyptian version is commensurate with the timing of the Exodus of the Hebrew Bible almost word-for-word. Biblical names are, in this translation, matched to Egyptian names and the entire 'hodge-podge' becomes very definitely a family one with all the mysteries of family organizations in Ancient Egypt. It is good reading; it is timely reading; and it is well worth reading many, many times, and it still remains a mystery!

I may have mentioned this before, here, or on another thread, I don't remember. But I remember reading that among the items uncovered in Tut's tomb were some priestly apparel items that clearly evoked garb of the Catholic hierarchy. It will be my contention that the contrived extreme polarity created in Egypt was carried through till today, so while the Yahuds ended up in Judea, their controllers ended up in Rome and London. This as evoked by Ephraim and Manasseh, the sons of Joseph, who was of Egyptian royalty. Caesar Augustus became an official 'pharaoh' upon the defeat of Antony and Cleopatra, and thus Egypt became the patrimony of the imperial Romans ever after, till the rise of Islam. As I have stated in my main posts, the Bible states that Judah is subservient to Ephraim, and in the 60's Pope John XXIII asserted that he was yet the Jews' Ephraim, their master. And how James Carroll, a former Catholic priest laid out how Catholic theology and practices has indeed made the Jews subservient, not to Christians, but to the papacy.

Jerry Russell

Administrator
Staff member
With these papyri from Tutankhamun's tomb tucked safely away in some library or collector's shelf, awaiting only the proper time to be revealed -- in the meantime it behooves us to be somewhat cautious in reaching conclusions that go beyond the evidence at hand. There's a very real danger of being proven wrong!

I was especially fascinated by the suggestion that perhaps Freud had access to the secrets from these papyri, when he wrote Moses and Monotheism.

Richard Stanley

maybe this time we'll talk about the subject

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,2313.msg14203.html#msg14203

" One thing that this little episode does tell us is that the "real story of the Exodus" occurred around the Amarna age."
Duane,

My previous reply was directly to your quote about the "real story of the Exodus", yet your thread was originally specifically about the documents alleged to have been looted, only to be digressed upon in the discussion as related to the Exodus by LKJ at cassiopaea. Yet you did not inform us that your interest was the Amarna based Exodus and the Hyksos.

As such it appears that Jerry's comment to Loren about the knife was related to Tut's knife that Loren brought up -- which seemed remotely on the topic via the tomb contents.

But now we are all redirected to the Exodus.

I read most of the cassiopaea link that you provided and it appears, as usual that Laura has a lot of greet information and insights. However, in this case, I have to take issue with her notion of the Hyksos developing an organic reactionary propaganda internally, that became the basis of the Jewish religion. Instead, I claim that the Sabbah brothers analysis trumps such claims, on a number of levels which I am attempted to lay out in my other thread. Instead, they claim, and as fitting with Jerry's and my schema of the False (contrived) Dialectic, that the 18th Dynasty kings were playing both sides of the fence. The Egyptians had no hesitations about marching to and fro through Canaan, leaving plenty of their artifacts lying about there, recording such on their temple and tomb walls, etc. And as the Sabbah brothers assert, they would never have allowed former slaves to escape only to set up house next door to them. Especially if the slaves had made off with all the Egyptian goodies.

And then we are told that the Jews hated such as the Egyptians so much that they later provide us with Freemasonry, chock full of Egyptian symbolism.

The Sabbah brothers agree that that the Abraham and Sarah narrative belong within the Amarna period, as well as Adam and Eve for that matter. In this regard, I can see that this alludes to the curiously odd foreign marriage into the Egyptian linage via the Mitanni. However, the ruling class of the Mitanni were Indo-Aryan, and not Semitic. This Identity confusion is also what we have been introducing in our series and the forum.

A second area that I disagree with, at a fundamental level, is her otherwise great, and related, info on Abrahmic religious fundamentalism. Again, I say the source and impetus for such as the latter day apocalyptic movements stems from a higher level, of which she seems to be insulating the Roman Church (and thus its sponsors from responsibility by several layers of plausible deniability) by various superficially independant operators.

Reviewing Freud's 'Moses and Monotheism', Assmann agrees that the monotheisms of Akhenaten and Moses were similar in their intolerance of polytheism, and their iconoclasm. However, he disagrees with Freud's claims of other similarities (p. 64):

... in the Amarna religion there is hardly any magic and very little ritual, whereas in the Mosaic religion there is a plethora of rites. The stress on ethics in the Mosaic religion is obvious, but in Amarna, the ethical aspect of God is absent in the most striking manner. In Amarna, the traditional concept of a hereafter is discarded, replaced by a new one according to which the human person lives on in the form of his ba, leaving the tomb during the day and entering it at night. Above all, however, Akhenaten’s god is the sun and nothing but the sun, whereas the god of Moses is the liberator from Egyptian bondage, an actor in history. In fact, the two religions are worlds apart.
Is Assmann being disagreeable for the sake of disagreement here?
Yes, I think Assmann is being specious here. There are many centuries of various political influences that would likely affect Judaic theology heavily.

gilius

This documentary was shown in 2001:

I again saw at BFI in London - special screening room - as the full docu isn't available online (rare!).

I think the newly discovered chamber might have something to do with the conspiracy.