Democracy for members on this blog?

lorenhough

Joe and jerry call for democracy. In this world.

That's good!

But self-appointed gate keepers without asking the members vote, on who should be the gatekeeper or keepers and what the rules should be is "not democracy"!

Joe jerry richard please think about my request, that we may put words like demorcacy and more into action !!

I find jerries new rules like we can't edidt our own post the next day, is very difficult to develop a quality thread like I did in the past ..that gets 9200 ++ hits. Who has come close that here?
But my hands have been tied.

When just one person can decided you is kick out or brought back in, or decides what should be taken down. Or moved around is not my idea of democracy but dictatorship etc.

We can do better and make membership a fun group place for all, is my wish!
There are some amazing minds here, who I have learned so much from.

Thanks Loren Hough

Last edited:

ousia

Loren, democracy, as in voting for a majority decision, does not pertain to other peoples property. You do not have a "right" to post here, you are granted the privilege of doing so. Learn the difference.

Richard Stanley

Administrator
Loren, maybe you should democratically poll the members about this? While we dictators still grant that right that is. :rolleyes:

I think we all generally appreciate the material that you contribute here. But, speaking for myself, the forum was supposed to be focused on 'discussions', and it seemed that the ever evolving massive mass of graphics and commentary made it hard, at least for me, to wade through to navigate the threads. How am I, or others supposed to figure out where you have amended something in the middle of those long posts? It means that we have to constantly re-read through them? But maybe others don't feel the same way.

I don't know what the best solution would be, but one possibility is to try and take more time composing the thread post, and merely add serial amendments to it in the chain of the thread - as you have always had the right (err privilege) to do.

lorenhough

Loren, democracy, as in voting for a majority decision, does not pertain to other peoples property. You do not have a "right" to post here, you are granted the privilege of doing so. Learn the difference.
If look what said, It was my pivilege to "ask" the Kings for the democracy they talk about, you might want to read what is say and not change the meaning.

lorenhough

Loren, maybe you should democratically poll the members about this? While we dictators still grant that right that is. :rolleyes:

I think we all generally appreciate the material that you contribute here. But, speaking for myself, the forum was supposed to be focused on 'discussions', and it seemed that the ever evolving massive mass of graphics and commentary made it hard, at least for me, to wade through to navigate the threads. How am I, or others supposed to figure out where you have amended something in the middle of those long posts? It means that we have to constantly re-read through them? But maybe others don't feel the same way.

I don't know what the best solution would be, but one possibility is to try and take more time composing the thread post, and merely add serial amendments to it in the chain of the thread - as you have always had the right (err privilege) to do.
Ok I will try to think of a way to write stuff overtime and add it all at once. I wake up at night and changed the. 1st page of sitting on a corn flak many time to perfect it! I use iPad and know little about this stuff.

Joe has offered to work with me on a site for and a raidio show with him

Or I could let you know of any changes.
I do know I am not the only member who wish to change or take something down.
One time I ask jerry to take something down I posted and he said no.
I feel yes it your site but what we members put up you might want to give us more say over what we write ...

lorenhough

Ok I will try to think of a way to write stuff overtime and add it all at once. I wake up at night and changed the. 1st page of sitting on a corn flak many time to perfect it! I use iPad and know little about this stuff.

Joe has offered to work with me on a site for and a raidio show with him

Or I could let you know of any changes.
I do know I am not the only member who wish to change or take something down.
One time I ask jerry to take something down I posted and he said no.
I feel yes it your site but what we members put up you might want to give us more say over what we write ...
It is a privilege for members to communicate with each other not a right!

Learn this, any one who writes to me in a belittling way, I will never read anything they wright again that is my right!

Last edited:

Jerry Russell

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Loren,

I increased the edit time limit to 12 hours. Maybe that might help?

As I mentioned earlier, my concern is that this is intended to be a conversational forum, and it makes it harder to follow the conversation if the dialog is subject to change after the fact. Also, as publisher of the site, I feel I have a responsibility to be aware of the material posted here, and I can't keep track of things that change long after they're posted.

Do you still feel that your post about Dr. Burzynski needs to come down? It was quoted from Ty's site, and there wasn't necessarily anything wrong with it. I replied with some additional information that might be useful to anyone researching Dr. B.

lorenhough

Hi Loren,

As I mentioned earlier, my concern is that this is intended to be a conversational forum, and it makes it harder to follow the conversation if the dialog is subject to change after the fact. Also, as publisher of the site, I feel I have a responsibility to be aware of the material posted here, and I can't keep track of things that change long after they're posted.

Do you still feel that your post about Dr. Burzynski needs to come down? It was quoted from Ty's site, and there wasn't necessarily anything wrong with it. I replied with some additional information that might be useful to anyone researching Dr. B.
Thanks jerry
Wiki has a robot to detect any changes can you do that?
Jerry self appointed gatekeeper Needs to be a more neutral, please.
As you would like wiki to be.

lorenhough

Hi Loren,

. Hi jerry on (dr. B )
Yes please take it down it hurt me to see my work being put down. On doctors Who are trying to cure cancer. These doctors Are being killed for trying to heal people. And get treated like joe A. Then for to tell me could be wrong was a little much. Then not take it down as you said you could. Was no fun ..
I feel any thing a member writes with in the rules should be able to be changed or taken down if needed with your notice, as you can get to it. LH

Jerry Russell

Administrator
Staff member
OK, your posts about Dr B have been removed as per your request, and my post about him has been edited so it stands alone.