Arrival ... Space Jesus Anyone?

Richard Stanley

I did happen to catch the teaser clip last night. The official trailer is supposed to open in theaters on the 16th. It is scheduled to open in the theaters on 11/11, just after the elections with the worst two Presidential candidates imaginable.

As you can see from the clip, the spacecraft is a giant, upright, oblong egg - that never touches the ground. In other words, a floating omphalos, a cosmic egg that seeded life for the 'pagans'. This is slightly reminiscent of the giant floating oracle head of the movie Zardoz that Jerry recently turned me on to. In Zardoz the elites are highly evolved humanoid Earthlings, but we've yet to see just what is 'Arriving'.

Before giving us his upcoming "Blade Runner" sequel that's shrouded in mystery, director Denis Villeneuve ("Sicario," "Prisoners") has the sci-fi movie "Arrival" that is getting incredible word of mouth.

And this teaser that was released on Tuesday shows that the hype might be real.

In the movie, Amy Adams plays an expert linguist whom the military call upon to help find out if the alien craft that has suddenly landed on Earth comes in peace or is hostile.

http://www.businessinsider.com/amy-adams-alien-movie-arrival-trailer-2016-8

Marcilla Smith

IDK if the director's intent is to foreshadow, but anyone else aware of what happens to spermatozoa after it enters the ova (ie "egg")?

A new day

Thanks, Jerry for posting this. I have been curious as to what the Postflavian crew thought the next world religion might be based on?

From my meanderings through the internet, it seems along with Graham Hancock, Whitley Shrieber and other "disclosure" types, the name Jeffery J. Kripal, PhD. comes up
as the next presenter of the spiritual-religious mythos. Kripal has his doctorate in divinity ---

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_J._Kripal

Super Natural: A New Vision of the Unexplained, is his latest book. I've only read a critique of it by someone suspicious of "space Jesus" ideology.
The book is next on my list as I'm still digesting DeVere.

Richard Stanley

IDK if the director's intent is to foreshadow, but anyone else aware of what happens to spermatozoa after it enters the ova (ie "egg")?
Good catch. The humans are to enter the 'egg' at 18 hour intervals, and this 'entry' does seem to evoke the insemination of an egg.

I hadn't really thought about what happens to the male part, but it would seem to be akin to what generally happens to the male Black Widow spider at the macro level. It gets consumed. In this case, so that the male DNA can be joined to the female DNA already inside. Is this what you are referring to?

Thanks, Jerry for posting this. I have been curious as to what the Postflavian crew thought the next world religion might be based on?
You're welcome. Richard :confused:

Joe's analysis in Caesar's Messiah that the (first) Second Coming was in 70 AD with the Jewish War is obviously correct. That is, if you count Jesus's narrative as a First Coming whether or not it is fictional or factual. With the advent of the Protestant movement, in reaction to their 'papacy is the AntiChrist' argument, the Jesuits simultaneously forwarded two completely different and mutually exclusive schools of thought on the End Times. One was the Preterist School which posited that the End Times of the Bible really referred to Constantine's endorsement of Christianity. The other was the Futurist School which posited that the End Times were yet to come at an unknown time in the future ... and we're still waiting.

Obviously this is a problem of creative accounting. If the Jewish War was the First Coming (with Christ Titus), because it was a real event (it seems), then a Second Coming is possible subsequent to that. It might also help(?) to note that in the eyes of many, such as messianic Jewish Christians of the time, that Jesus (Yeshua) would have been seen as a Second Coming 'manifestation' of Joshua (Yeshua -- aka the pharaoh Seti I), the military 'savior' that ultimately brought the Yahud - Hebrews to the Promised Land. Ooops ... a Third Coming?

In addition to the Jesuit Futurist School, the evangelicals and Pentecostals began positing a Futurist type of Second Coming. This was best formulated by Cyrus Schofield in his annotated Schofield Reference Bible in the late 1800's. BTW, this bible is published by the Oxford University Press. As Joe correctly pointed out, the word 'generation' used in the Matthew prophecy about the destruction of the temple, meant a period of 40 years. This led to the perfect perceived fulfillment of the Matthew prophecy in the year 70CE, and was crowed about by early Church Fathers. What Schofield did then, at the behest of his elite sponsors, was to redefine what the term 'generation' meant, so as to mean an indeterminate time in the future. Sound familiar?

I was raised in the Presbyterian tradition and this Second Coming business was never brought up until about the time I left home for technical school. It was brought up by evangelical infiltrators, outsiders.

As I have mentioned in another thread, if one takes a closer look at the Daniel prophecies, they explicitly state that the imagery is to be interpreted as the formation and collapse of (Western) empires and nations, pretty much in the order that history states. I had an evangelical point this out to me and it was rather shocking, as this had never been a focus in my church time.

With the efforts of the Evangelicals and Pentecostalists (aka the Low Church) this is a significant and massive investment in social effort over a long period of time, and is strangely in accord with the High Church (the RCC and Anglican - as evidenced by the Oxford association).

An so, if one wants to allow that creative accounting in interpretation is possible, then I suggest that we are arriving sooner or later, so to speak, at yet another Second Coming. Either a second Second Coming or a third Second Coming. o_O

As such, I am having some trouble convincing anyone that the Jesuits are serious about their LUCIFER telescope on Mt. Graham. At least, being serious about using this as a vehicle to prime the 'critical masses' (Get it? Or should that be the 'uncritical masses'?) that the next manifestation of the Messiah would indeed appear to the whole planet as coming from somewhere in outerspace. And since we all still have so much race and cultural sensitivity, that this time, the savior will have some element of other-than-humaness to hisself.

Remember that in End Times theology, the Messiah must necessarily kick some serious ass. So maybe his job is to kick the uncritical masses' asses, but I doubt it. Maybe we'll find that indeed the "lion will lay down with the lamb", but I think that even this is suggestive in its metaphors and what is left unstated. Will the meek really inherit the Earth. I am yet too cynical, based on the real story of past saviors and how they really treated the meek.

Marcilla Smith

Good catch. The humans are to enter the 'egg' at 18 hour intervals, and this 'entry' does seem to evoke the insemination of an egg.

I hadn't really thought about what happens to the male part, but it would seem to be akin to what generally happens to the male Black Widow spider at the macro level. It gets consumed. In this case, so that the male DNA can be joined to the female DNA already inside. Is this what you are referring to?
Thanks, it's good to hear =] And yes, exactly. That made the scene quite scary for me D=

Will the meek really inherit the Earth
I doubt they'll receive a deed, but neither do I think that was Josephus Christ's point. Vivitur parvo bene cui paternum, in the words of Horace

Last edited:

A new day

Am I wrong, and I don't have Atwill's books in front of me, but wasn't Revelations about Domitian's rule over Judea?

Sci-fi genre from the beginning has been a kind of predictive programming. Perhaps, it is all based on the OT and Christian Testament, so the masses will simply adapt. The gradual upgrade, next level, belief system, on which to embed the same old submissive moral code.

Not much new under the sun.

Richard Stanley

Am I wrong, and I don't have Atwill's books in front of me, but wasn't Revelations about Domitian's rule over Judea?
Yes, but what's your point?

If one writes a book about chocolate ice cream being good, then chocolate ice cream was good 2,000 years ago, today, and 2,000 years from now. I just which that they would remove the carrageenan (sea weed based thickener extract -- aka agar) that makes me and others feel like they have Crohn's Disease but otherwise don't.

A new day

Sorry, Richard! :eek: And thank you for your answer. I'm not sure I'm making a point. My thinking is if the Gospels and Pauline Letters were first written as satire, then by the time Domitian became Caesar, he too, added to the satire, making himself the true return of the Messiah. After that, Rome adopted the mono-god economic model of government, tithing and taxing, and neatly tied it into the OT. I'm following your writings on the Ancient Egyptian/Hebrew colonization of Judea.

As such, I am having some trouble convincing anyone that the Jesuits are serious about their LUCIFER telescope on Mt. Graham. At least, being serious about using this as a vehicle to prime the 'critical masses' (Get it? Or should that be the 'uncritical masses'?) that the next manifestation of the Messiah would indeed appear to the whole planet as coming from somewhere in outerspace. And since we all still have so much race and cultural sensitivity, that this time, the savior will have some element of other-than-humaness to hisself.
I'm agreeing. The elites may very well set up WWIII to appear as "prophesied", by the OT and the New. The old scripts are the new scripts. I agree, we are being so accustomed to the alien, the foreigner, the stranger, the different looking one, that, just like Childhood's End, we will be shown one. Mr. Spock. Yet, the critical understand that Superman is just another supra-man.

I'm curious; anyone think there is a way to stop WWIII?

Richard Stanley

Thanks A new day.

Hopefully someday we'll get Joe to comment on Juvenal's Big Fish Story that I happened across some time ago. In the story a big fish was caught, and it was so big that it was brought to Domitian's summer villa (now the papal villa) where they had a big meeting with all the poobahs to decide what to do with it. They ended up deciding they needed to have a special big bowl made for it.

This implies that they had some kind of refrigeration right? To preserve the fish while they waited for the bowl to be made. And so that they could have their chocolate ice cream. :rolleyes:

BTW, It is my notion that the gospels and such were developed for more than satire amusement and imperial vanity, but they had a plan to slowly slipstream in a new religion. They did this by utilizing the Chrest [sic] mystery cult that John Bartram discusses and covertly operating inside the church centers of the divii Iulia imperial cult.

Last edited:

A new day

Thanks A new day.

Hopefully someday we'll get Joe to comment on Ovid's Big Fish Story that I happened across some time ago. In the story a big fish was caught, and it was so big that it was brought to Domitian's summer villa (now the papal villa) where they had a big meeting with all the poobahs to decide what to do with it. They ended up deciding they needed to have a special big bowl made for it.

This implies that they had some kind of refrigeration right? To preserve the fish while they waited for the bowl to be made. And so that they could have their chocolate ice cream. :rolleyes:

BTW, It is my notion that the gospels and such were developed for more than satire amusement and imperial vanity, but they had a plan to slowly slipstream in a new religion. They did this by utilizing the Chrest [sic] mystery cult that John Bartram discusses and covertly operating inside the church centers of the divii Iulia imperial cult.
I think similarly. I'll have to check out Bartram. Thanx.

Marcilla Smith

I'm curious; anyone think there is a way to stop WWIII?
Yes, and if you will forgive such a mundane answer to such a great question, I think that we are approaching a critical mass of (first world, relatively enfranchised) consumers who are tired of getting their kids' birthday party decorations at the Dollar Tree only to find they smell like cancer. It isn't much of a mental leap, then, from "somebody should regulate those factories in China" to "One world government? Why not? It can't be worse than a Trump administration, and we survived eight years of that right?"

A new day

As much as I dislike the copious crap from China, somewhat because of the whole debtor nation economic diplomacy, but mostly because cancer plastic ends up in landfills. I lived next to a landfill mountain in in South Florida. Scary.:mad:

I agree, consumerism has failed. Yet, IMHO, one world government, like one world religion, is like one-size-fits-all, which means it doesn't fit at all and ends up in the land fill.

I'm freakin' out a bit about the world. Maybe too much NEWS going on in the background of my life. IDK.

Or maybe I'm just seeing the world through Game-of-Thrones glasses.

Save me Space Jesus! lol

Richard Stanley

OMG!!! OMSJ!!!

"And we will meet the space angels ..."​

I Want to Believe. o_O

BTW, Mr. Grey Spaceman looks have turned rather green to me. Is this from envy or what?

Note the song's appeals to earthly as well as comic multi-culturalism.

Richard Stanley

No, Jerry had caught that it said Christian Science. I just did a screen grab of what flashed up at the beginning. I'm gonna have to transcribe the lyrics, though some verses are hard to make out.

upload_2016-8-18_20-43-49.png

Richard Stanley

Just watched the official Arrival trailer.

It seems that the alien(s) are either like starfish or have hands like starfish. Such an object plopped onto the dividing glass wall when the movie's protagonist placed her hand upon it. She also developed some means of communicating with it/them as it/them used English (how interesting?) and communicate to her via dreams (how Biblical and extra-biblically ancient).

As she and others approach the big egg for the first time, an earlier visitor to the egg is being carried out on a covered stretcher, presumably toast.

There seems to be some manipulation by the alien(s) of Earth's humanity to foment fighting amongst ourselves and global war is threatening as a result. Gee, does that sound familiar? But, our protagonist(?) concludes that this is really meant to get us all to back down and collaborate. Hip hip hurray.

Marcilla Smith

There seems to be some manipulation by the alien(s) of Earth's humanity to foment fighting amongst ourselves and global war is threatening as a result. Gee, does that sound familiar? But, our protagonist(?) concludes that this is really meant to get us all to back down and collaborate. Hip hip hurray.
The Reptillians are preparing us so they can come out of the closet, lol