Search results

1. Marcilla Smith

"New Song for the New Age"

Jerry, you seem to me distressed over the current situation. Permit me to offer this prayer in the Pastafarian style: Flying Spaghetti Monster, The noodliness of Your appendages reminds us of how You are ever reaching out to us, Your creation. Wrap Jerry in the warm embrace of Your comfort, and...
  2. Marcilla Smith

From the footnotes for Hebrews 7 (NABRE[an official English translation of the Bible for Catholics]): This is one of those infrequently encountered issues on which I think I could be considered "more conspiratorial" than the PF orthodoxy. The PF doctrine, as I understand it, is that such as...
  3. Marcilla Smith

Maybe only as different as day and night - they are both descendants of the same Mesopotamian fertility cults, after all. In any event, Trad Catholics think Pope Francis is attempting to rectify that difference, in accordance with Mr. Crowley's "third age." ... these aren't the coke-fueled...
  4. Marcilla Smith

Naturally! After all, "I did not come to call the righteous but sinners." --Mark 2:17b (NABRE) And so I have received a reply. To put it in my own words - if this does not sound too flip - the matter has (not unpredictably) been punted down to lower authorities to deal with without any official...
  5. Marcilla Smith

Alternative Genealogy

While I haven't looked into it, I seem to recall a report that Mr. Biden received 5x the Wall Street donations as Mr. Trump. As to which person(s) spend the most time with their hand on his shoulder, steering him, I could only speculate they/she/he are a DNC insider. While I think there's no...
  6. Marcilla Smith

Blessed be the name of the SuperUser! That is good news :) TY for grouping these quotes together - very interesting material! Yeah, every time I see someone talk about how the Testimonium had to have been an interpolation because Josephus, being a Jew, never would have said "Jesus" was the...
  7. Marcilla Smith

I take it this question is more figurative than literal. FWIW, however, I will note for all who have not availed themselves of the pleasure of attending a Shabbat service, there are ministers who retrieve the scrolls to be read. Amen IDK that this possibility is excluded by the doctrine of...
  8. Marcilla Smith

Perhaps, and so what of the "less interesting" problem of finding a new protagonist for the New Song? This is one of those things I run into often, and I just don't understand how people get hung up on this -particularly as I'm usually the neurotic one. If we truly don't know what consciousness...
  9. Marcilla Smith

... and thus ends today's reading from the First Epistle of St. Jerry to the Postflavians. Thanks be to Program. Amen
  10. Marcilla Smith

:: curtsies :: Yes, that's where I'm leaning. Theologically, the all important second Person of the Trinity - the mediator between the material/earthly and the supernatural/Heavenly - transitioned from Wisdom/Lady Sophia to Logos/Lord Jesus. In the "theology" of our modern secular world, we...
  11. Marcilla Smith

IDK about based, but definitely black-pilled. Mr. Trump's feet of clay are in line with the Rabbinic tradition of the Messiah ben Joseph (as opposed to the one from the House of David), who is the "suffering servant" who precedes the more "kingly" messiah (sorry, Donnie). Pray excuse me that I...
  12. Marcilla Smith

First off: hello again :) Often I have found my mind wandering back to wondering about the nature of a "New Song for the New Age" - as our dearly departed phrased it - what it would be, obviously, and that seems to beg the question, "from where would it come?" To answer that question, I...
  13. Marcilla Smith

Richard Stanley, RIP

If memory serves, Richard's faith was formed in the Presbyterian tradition. Since I know it is not where it eventually led him, I'll do my best as a cleric in the tradition of Apathetic Agnosticism to adapt appropriately: Power of indeterminate length or reality, potential Keeper of our days...
  14. Marcilla Smith

Postflavians debate mainstream academic views of historical Jesus

Hard to argue against that! Certainly, I do apologize for not being more clear, and I am sorry I failed to adequately express my intended meaning. I only meant that if I was producing something for a cable edutainment genre (such as for Discovery), therefore it is more about the "sizzle" than...
  15. Marcilla Smith

Transgender Reality

But if I post on this thread again, is it in any way some tacit endorsement of the recent censorship extraordinary copyeditting?
  16. Marcilla Smith

I don't know Philo well enough to answer this. However, from what I gather, it would be in line with PF doctrine to assume he was "in on it" the whole time, seeing as how he was a member of the Alexander family Perhaps, but prayerfully and hypothetically it will one day be imminentized in the...
  17. Marcilla Smith

Transgender Reality

It's kind of like asking if you grok Lamarck's theory of evolution - I'm not familiar enough to say, in no small part because it's generally deprecated At the risk of seeming to be - pardon my language - deflating your athletic equipment, I think the questions are inadequately constructed. In a...
  18. Marcilla Smith

I'm not sure I understand the question. Philo explicitly used the word Logos in different senses to describe different aspects of the second person of (what would later come to be known as) the Christian Trinity And here I thought FSM was a creator godhead, but you are saying he is (more or...
  19. Marcilla Smith

Transgender Reality

I'm compelled to address this first. Please excuse me for leaving you to think this. At the risk of seeming to be making excuses, my recent promotion has come with a shift in my work schedule, disrupting my daily routine and sleep pattern, as well as leaving me to work 6 days in a row, and on...
  20. Marcilla Smith

Why... I never Philo's, ie Jesus as the personified Logos I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm trying to say that, however, I can certainly see how a cable infotainment audience might tend to jump to that conclusion, which might hook a few more viewers than beginning with "it seems less...