Search results

1. Marcilla Smith

Postflavians debate mainstream academic views of historical Jesus

To try and streamline things and get back to the OP, let me return to Richard's original assertion which is that mainline protestant churches are some sort of ideal place to "get laid." To this point, I will simply say that however misguided I may find this notion personally and from my...
  2. Marcilla Smith

Absurdity of fundamentalist views of Jesus

Hi Jerry and other fellow forum members, I think I am getting ahead of myself. Please allow me to back up to the very basics... Beginning with the "traditional view" of the New Testament, this would be that the anthropomorphic creator of the universe is consubstantial with the abstract...
  3. Marcilla Smith

When was the peak of Western Civilization?

Alexander's campaign against Bessus
  4. Marcilla Smith

Jesuits! Jesuits! We're covered in Jesuits!

To get right down to brass tacks, if the presence of so many "Jesuits" in the hallowed halls of government is indicative of a Jesuit conspiracy, what then of the "Jesuits" who have such prominence in the "Roman Origins Theory of Christianity"? Also, is it possible to change this thread title...
  5. Marcilla Smith

That moment when atheists take the Bible more literally than Christians

I live in a pyramid made of chimpigs. Somewhere at or near the top or certainly much higher than I am, sit the ones who believe in... well, I don't know what they believe in, and it very well may be that they don't, either. Maybe the closest I can come is to say that they seem to believe in...
  6. Marcilla Smith

Why 435 Representatives?

On September 25, 1789, the 1st Congress of the US American government approved twelve articles which were then forwarded to the states for ratification. Ten were ratified in short order and became the first ten amendments to the Constitution, known as the Bill of Rights. The second of the twelve...
  7. Marcilla Smith

Testimonium Flavianum and the wives of Saturninus

To me, this piece is key. In mainstream thought, it is already recognized as the pre-eminent, if not the only first century link between the secular world and the story of Jesus. If one subscribes to the "Josephus was in on it" theory, it looks to me like a gun case with a trail of smoke rising...
  8. Marcilla Smith

My Calling, My Agenda, and Maybe My Contribution

I've heard that the art should speak for itself, so I'll skip the introduction and do my best to answer any questions that remain after. Enjoy =]
  9. Marcilla Smith

Redemption, Josephus and the Logos

I am confused. By "object of focus," do you mean Jesus? First of all, there is something I find very amusing about the wording of the last sentence, lol. For the sake of historical accuracy, may I add that I believe the Roman church began with married priests, but banned the practice in order...